Acceptance of these terms
Your use of a GRDC social media channel is deemed to be your acceptance of:
If you wish to communicate with GRDC directly or privately, or if you have any media-related enquiries, please contact us directly at http://www.grdc.com.au/About-Us/Contact-Us
GRDC’s social media channels are (as at the date above):
Comments and content
GRDC’s social media channels are designed to inform GRDC’s stakeholders and other interested parties about the GRDC and its activities, and facilitate related engagement.
You agree to use a GRDC social media channel only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the channel by any third party. Your comments and content should be respectful and constructive at all times. We encourage you to have open and honest discussions whilst conducting yourself appropriately in a public setting.
Confidentiality and privacy
- Do protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your comments (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers).
- Do represent your own views and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person.
- Do not post material that breaches confidentiality or the intellectual property rights of others.
- Do post material to the page that is relevant to the topics and issues being discussed.
- Do not post identical or near identical versions of the same content.
- Do not promote commercial interests, or personal and professional interests for private gain, in your posts.
- Do not post overtly party political comments (e.g. reference to candidates, fundraisers, support for political parties).
- Do not re-post other people’s appeals, requests or offers, or anything that could be considered spam.
Discriminatory and offensive content
- Do not abuse, harass or threaten others.
- Be mindful when posting descriptions or personal stories that they are not gratuitously graphic, or could be deemed as deliberately upsetting for other users.
- Do not post anything which:
- vilifies others on the basis of their race or religion
- incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others
- is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability.
- Do not make defamatory, scandalous or libellous comments
- Do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language
- Do not use obscene or offensive language
- Do not incite or encourage conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate Australian law.
The GRDC reserves the right to remove comments and content at its discretion, including those which, in GRDC’s view, do not meet the above terms for “Comments and Content”. Serious or persistent offenders may have their accounts reported and/or blocked.
We encourage feedback and ideas from our followers, and may join social media conversations where appropriate. While we endeavour to read all comments and messages we receive, we may not able to reply individually or immediately to all of them.
GRDC’s social media channels are staffed on business days in the Australian Capital Territory from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, Australian Eastern Standard Time. Posts and comments received outside these hours will not be reviewed until the following business day, at the earliest.
The GRDC regularly reviews the comments and content on its social media channels. However, there may be times when comments or content that may not meet the above terms for “Comments and Content” appear on one of our channels and are not immediately removed or moderated by GRDC.
If you reasonably believe that a comment or content does not meet the terms for “Comments and Content” above, please refer to any self- or user-moderation functions which may be available from the relevant social media provider, or report the comment or content to GRDC via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject-line: “For GRDC Social Media Moderator”). We will deal with these reports as quickly as we can.
The material on GRDC social media channels is presented for the purpose of providing general information and encouraging public discussion. The material is not a substitute for independent professional advice. Any responses by GRDC to a comment or post do not constitute individual advice. You should seek your own advice for your particular situation.
Any views expressed by anyone other than GRDC are not the views of the GRDC. We make no representation that material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. GRDC disclaims all liability for any reliance on such views, comments, links, websites, advertising or other non-GRDC content posted onto GRDC social media channels.
The GRDC does not endorse or otherwise support any view or opinion posted by a user or contributor on GRDC social media channels.
The GRDC does not control, endorse or otherwise support any advertising that may be displayed by social media sites.
The information posted on our accounts is current at the time of publication.
How we may use your comments and content
When interacting through a GRDC social media channel you may provide us with information about yourself or other matters. Some of this information may be used in an aggregate anonymous form to analyse our level of engagement.
With the exception of material posted on embedded or linked third party websites, the GRDC owns or has rights to the intellectual property in the material that we post. You may use this material as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 provided that you give appropriate credit to GRDC in a reasonable manner, but not in a way that suggests that you or your use is endorsed by GRDC. No warranties are given by GRDC to you in this regard. The limited licence given in this paragraph may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
You do not have any rights to the material posted by other people on GRDC social media channels and may only use such material in accordance with the Copyright Act 1968 or with the express written consent of the relevant copyright owner.