Guidelines - Advertising
The following are provided as guidance for the preparation and signoff of advertising for inclusion in external publications.
All inquiries seeking advertising from the GRDC will be forwarded to the Manager Corporate Communication (MCC) (or, if unavailable, the Information Products & Services Officer IPSO) who will discuss the opportunity with the Executive Manager Communication & Customer Service (EMCCS).
The process for producing advertisements will be:
• Responsibility for preparing text and identifying appropriate visuals to support the text will be with the MCC supported by the IPSO
• The MCC will seek assistance to prepare text from the appropriate GRDC program area
• Draft text will be authorised by the originator and the relevant Executive Manager and/or Program Manager. (Note: this authorisation is either by email or handwritten onto the draft release.)
• Before publication, the EMCCS will finally authorise all advertising. (Note: this authorisation is either by email or handwritten onto the draft release.)
Paid third party advertising
GRDC is able to offer a number of advertising and advertorial opportunities to grains industry stakeholders.
GRDC has appointed an external agency to source and arrange advertising or advertorial. This includes space in Ground Cover, supplements, update publications, ute guides, Grains Year Book, etc. The agency is aware that all advertising must:
• support GRDC’s industry and business priorities, goals and objectives
• meet the Australian Government’s research priorities.
Priority will be given to advertising from:
• Research providers / facilities
• Financial institutions
• Equipment suppliers
• Technology sellers
• Training providers
• Chemical suppliers
The process for authorising paid third party advertisements and advertorials will be:
• Potential advertisers will, in the first instance, contact GRDC’s advertising agency (where relevant) to discuss and then book space in GRDC publications
• The advertising agency will advise GRDC’s CCC of each new potential booking prior to acceptance
• Draft advertisements, advertorial or editorial must be with the GRDC at least 10 working days prior to close off for finalisation of copy prior to publication for review by the Editorial Committee (see below)
• GRDC retains the discretion to refuse to publish articles or advertisements to protect against allegations of defamation or other breaches of law.
An editorial committee reviews any articles or paid third party advertising submitted for Ground Cover and other GRDC published material to assess its suitability against the criteria above.
Draft articles or advertising must be received at least 10 working days prior to close off for finalisation of copy prior to publication for review by the Editorial Committee.
The GRDC’s editorial committee is:
• Manager Corporate Communication
• Executive Manager New Products
• Director, Coretext