Grains Research and Development

Reporting Information

Grains Industry Research Scholarship (GRS) Reporting Requirements

If successful, supervisors must ensure that the GRDC receives progress reports, a final report and a copy of the scholarship recipient’s submitted research thesis and the final accepted research thesis.

Progress Reports

During each year in which the recipient receives scholarship funds, the recipient must complete and submit a GRDC Progress Report by 15 March. Progress Report templates are available from the GRDC website.

Scholarship recipients must attach to the Progress Report any relevant academic progress reports in accordance with the research organisation’s normal procedures. Those reports will describe the recipient’s carrying out of the educational research and will contain comments by the supervisor on the recipient’s progress and achievements, and whether the recipient is fulfilling the requirements of the postgraduate course in which he or she is enrolled. Once completed, an electronic copy of the (Microsoft Word) report should be emailed and should incorporate the GRDC project number.

In addition, the GRDC also requires a signed paper copy of the progress report to be submitted. These should be addressed to:

Contracts Coordinator
Grains Research & Development Corporation
PO Box 5367
KINGSTON ACT 2604

Final Report and submitted Thesis

Within three months of the scholarship completion date, the recipient must complete and submit a copy of:

  • a Final Report which is available from the GRDC website, and
  • the research thesis as submitted to the University for evaluation

An electronic copy of Final Report including any attachments (including the submitted thesis) should be emailed and should include the associated GRDC project number in the subject of the email.

In addition, the GRDC also requires a signed paper copy of the final report to be submitted. These should be addressed to:

Contracts Coordinator
Grains Research & Development Corporation
PO Box 5367
KINGSTON ACT 2604

Final Research Thesis

An electronic copy of the recipient’s final research thesis must also be provided to the GRDC. This should be done:

  • within 18 months after the end of the scholarship period; or
  • within 30 days of the final research thesis being made publicly available.

A one page executive summary of the thesis must also be provided to the GRDC at the time of providing the final research thesis.

The electronic copy of the final accepted thesis and the one page executive summary can either be emailed or provided on CD Rom. Copies should be addressed to:

Contracts Coordinator
Grains Research & Development Corporation
PO Box 5367
KINGSTON ACT 2604

Payment of Scholarship Funds

Scholarship funds are paid directly to the research organisation in instalments. The first instalment is paid up front upon return of the signed contract. The following instalments are paid after progress reports are received and approved by the GRDC.

The GRDC will withhold half of the final instalment until the recipient’s research thesis as submitted to the University is received.

Under Graduate Honours (UHS) Reporting Requirements

If successful, supervisors must ensure that the GRDC receives a final report and a copy of the scholarship recipient’s research thesis.

Final Report

Within three months of the scholarship completion date, the recipient must complete and submit a copy of the research thesis and a UHS Final Report which is available from the GRDC website.

An electronic copy of Final Report including any attachments (including the thesis) should be emailed and should include the associated GRDC project number in the subject of the email.

In addition, the GRDC also requires a signed paper copy of the final report to be submitted. These should be addressed to:

Contracts Coordinator
Grains Research & Development Corporation
PO Box 5367
KINGSTON ACT 2604

Research Thesis

An electronic copy of the recipient’s final research thesis must also be provided to the GRDC. This should be done:

  • within 3 months after the end of the scholarship period; or
  • within 30 days of the final research thesis being made publicly available.

A one page executive summary of the thesis must also be provided to the GRDC at the time of providing the final research thesis.

The electronic copy of the thesis and the one page executive summary can either be emailed or provided on CD Rom. Copies should be addressed to:

Contracts Coordinator
Grains Research & Development Corporation
PO Box 5367
KINGSTON ACT 2604

Payment of Scholarship Funds

Scholarship funds are paid directly to the research organisation in two instalments. A 75% payment ($7,500) will be made up front upon return of the signed contract. The remaining 25% ($2,500) will only be paid once a final report and copy of the recipient’s final research thesis is received.