- An outbreak of sclerotinia stem rot is highly dependent on the season.
- Prolonged wet or humid conditions during flowering favour the disease.
- Consider past outbreaks of the disease as a guide to potential yield loss.
- Avoid growing canola in paddocks with a history of sclerotinia stem rot over the past four years, or in adjacent paddocks.
- Well-timed fungicide treatments – when canola crops are at 20 to 30 per cent flowering stage – can be highly effective in reducing the level of infection.
Want to link to this publication?
Use www.grdc.com.au/GRDC-FS-SclerotiniaInCanola to ensure your link remains current and up-to-date!
GRDC Project Code
National, North, South, West