Cropping Expo schedule
The GRDC Cropping Expos are on the road again. These highly successful forums for information exchange will be held at the following places and dates:
- Nuriootpa High School (SA) 6 July
- Birchip P-12 School (Vic) 9 July
- Temora Recreation Centre (NSW) 13 July
- Condobolin Showgrounds (NSW) 15 July
- Gunnedah-Quirindi High School (NSW) 17 July
- Gilgandra High School (NSW) 20 July
The Expos bring the best of Australia's agricultural researchers, marketing companies, climate experts and technical gurus to the farming community.
They present a unique opportunity for researchers to speak directly to farmers, outlining the latest in cropping developments, covering topics from nutrition to nematodes. Discussions headed by a panel of experts make for lively exchanges among researchers, and between researchers and farmers.
Farmer-run groups from each of the six towns have set the topics and invited researchers dealing with issues relevant to their area.
This year's topics will include climate variability, risk management, soil quality, pastures in rotation, disease detection and futures markets, and much more.
Contact: Caroline Peters, Birchip Cropping Group, 03 5492 2787, fax 03 5492 2753 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The GRDC is supporting a series of Farmer Updates later this season. Farmer Updates are forums where farmers drive the topics and issues presented. Learn about the latest developments in areas that really affect your farming businesses. More information is available from Jon Lamb Communications tel: 08 8362 5417
Where and when:
- South Australia — Jamestown, Widinna, Naracoorte, Minnipa 27 July, 28 July, 30 July, 3 August
- Tasmania —Burnie, Campbelltown 6 August, 7 August
- Victoria — Mildura, Warracknabeal, Serpentine 11 August, 12 August, 13 August
- NSW — Dates and locations to be confirmed