GRDC Grains Industry Development Awards
Grains Industry Development Awards are granted to experienced growers, processors or other contributors to the work of the Corporation who are not engaged in research and development activity.
The Awards may be tor study tours within Australia or overseas, or for other purposes approved by the Corporation. Two Awards may be made each year.
Support will be for a minimum of one month and a maximum of six months. The Corporation will provide for personal travel costs, including economy-class airfares and contribution to living expenses, up to a maximum total of $15,000. Preference may be given to applicants who propose study tours on topics which are relevant to the Corporation's priorities as outlined in the GRDC 2000/01 Research Prospectus and who have access to matching funds.
GRDC Grains Industry In-Service Training Awards
The Corporation wishes to support training on an industry-wide basis. The GRDC will fund younger scientists, technical staff or other persons engaged in work relevant to the Corporation's objectives who may not be competitive for other forms of support. Funds may be provided for travel, secondment or interchange between institutions.
Support will be for a maximum of six months. The Corporation will provide for personal travel costs, including economy-class airfares and contribution to living expenses.
Applications should include 10 copies of the following documentation (A4 size, double-sided, two-hole-punched):
- Curriculum vitae.
- Details of the proposed program/in-service training.
- The names, positions and locations of the proposed collaborators.
- Approximate dates for the program.
- Details of any internal travel directly related to the proposed program.
- A proposed budget, including the cost of travel and expected accommodation and living expenses.
- An indication of other forms of support available to the applicant.
- Evidence that the proposed collaborators (if any) are agreeable to the program.
- Two independent referee reports.
Within three months of completion of each Award, a written report must be provided to the GRDC Board detailing those activities and any other information obtained while undertaking the Award.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO: Grains Research and Development Corporation, PO Box E6, Kingston, Canberra 2604 (telephone 02 6272 5525, fax 02 6271 6430) by 29 October 1999.