CEREAL FOLIAR DISEASE WORKSHOP:
Cutting edge cereal disease management practices will be the focus of a Grains Research and Development Corporation-supported two-day workshop in Adelaide in March.
The Cereal Foliar Disease Management Workshop for farm advisers, to be held on March 26-27 at the Meridien Hotel in North Adelaide, will be led by foliar disease expert Nick Poole, from the Foundation for Arable Research in New Zealand. Leading plant pathologists Col Wellings (NSW DPI) and Hugh Wallwork (SARDI) will also be at the workshop to discuss with participants the regional agronomic issues of most importance.
The small group workshop will cover issues including:
- cereal growth stages and spray decisions;
- the impact of environment and day degrees on crop and disease development;
- understanding where new and old fungicides fit;
- the development of cost-effective disease management plans; and
- management strategies for key cereal diseases.
The workshop, supported by GRDC and the Rust Bust campaign, is locally sponsored by Bayer Crop Science. Further information is available from facilitator John Cameron or Erica McKay at ICAN Pty Ltd, email email@example.com, phone (02) 9482 4930 or visit www.icanrural.com.au.