Grain growers are urged to have the sprayer ready to go and to spray summer weeds early in order to conserve moisture and increase the yield potential of future crops.
A new Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) fact sheet, Summer Fallow Spraying, gives growers and advisers the latest information for spray application and quality resulting from GRDC-funded research.
The fact sheet has been compiled by well-known spray application specialist, Bill Gordon, and includes tips such as:
- Plan to control summer weeds as early as possible.
- Have the machine ready to go.
- Select an appropriate application volume for the product and situation.
- Choose the coarsest spray quality that will provide efficacy with the products selected.
- Monitor and record application details and weather parameters.
To download the GRDC fact sheet, visit www.grdc.com.au/GRDC-FS-SummerFallowSpraying.
GRDC Northern Panel Chair
0427 545 212
Cox Inall Communications
0412 290 673