Grain growers from across Australia are invited to the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) “Growers’ Day” to be held in conjunction with this year’s Australian Grains Industry Conference (AGIC). The AGIC-GRDC Growers’ Day on Monday, July 25, will provide growers with the opportunity to access leading global and local experts on issues that impact on their productivity, profitability, risk management and business performance. The event at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne (Victoria) will also offer a unique chance to network with members of the grain trade who will be in Melbourne attending the AGIC from July 25-27.
Growers’ Day topics and speakers will include:
- Crop outlook – David Jackson, LMC International (UK) head of oilseeds research; and Nathan Cattle, NZX Australia general manager.
- Beyond the farmgate – Andrew Weidemann, Grain Producers Australia chairman; Pete Longhurst, Farm Gate Exports CEO; and Andrew Trotter, Latevo CEO.
- Connecting farmers to the world – Lalla Mackenzie, NBN Co senior national stakeholder relations manager; and Neil Johns, GrainCorp Ltd group general manager storage and logistics.
- Innovation delivering value for growers – Dr Steve Jefferies, GRDC managing director; and Dr Michael Robertson, CSIRO Agriculture science director.
- Trade and market access – Geoff Honey, Grain Trade Australia CEO; Tony Russell, Grains Industry Market Access Forum executive manager; Cheryl Kalisch Gordon, GrainGrowers trade and market access manager; and John Stuart, Barley Australia director.
For further information and to register, go to http://www.ausgrainsconf.com/australia or phone 02 9427 6999.
For further information
Rosemary Richards, AGIC Conference Manager
Phone 0411 564128
Sharon Watt, Porter Novelli
Phone 0409 675100