Western Australian grain growers who are making decisions about the 2013 cropping season can get the latest agronomic information by attending one of a series of Regional Crop Updates in March.
Supported by the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) and the Department of Agriculture and Food (DAFWA), 14 updates will be held throughout the WA grainbelt.
Growers in WA’s southern grainbelt are encouraged to put the following dates in their diaries:
- Southern Dirt – March 6 – Broomehill Recreational Complex;
- Facey Group – March 7 – Wickepin Community Centre;
- Fitzgerald Biosphere Group – March 13 – Jerramungup Sports Club;
- Corrigin Farm Improvement Group – March 14 – Cyril Box Pavilion;
- Stirlings to Coast Farmers – March 14 – Green Range Country Club;
- West Arthur Trials Group – March 15 – Darkan Sports Complex.
GRDC western regional panel chairman Peter Roberts said information presented at the updates could help growers become better informed on ways to boost profitability on-farm, in a sustainable manner.
“The updates are all about practical new, locally relevant information on crop disease management, nutrition and agronomy that growers can start using now,” he said.
“The events allow information from researchers to reach growers quickly, giving growers the opportunity to consider how results can be applied on their own farms.”
Information about the WA Regional Crop Update events is available on the GRDC website at www.grdc.com.au/updatedates or on the Grains Industry Association of WA (GIWA) website at www.giwa.org.au/2013-crop-updates
Grain Flashes can be found at www.grdc.com.au/media