Topical and practical information on key business issues facing growers and advisers will be discussed at Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) forums in Western Australia in March.
GRDC Farm Business Updates will be held at the Geraldton Universities Centre on March 23; the Merredin Regional & Community Leisure Centre on March 25; and the Katanning Leisure Centre on March 26.
GRDC western regional panel chairman Peter Roberts said the events would provide a unique forum for growers and advisers to learn from and network with leading industry professionals.
“They follow the success of a pilot event in Merredin last year, which was held after the GRDC’s Regional Cropping Solutions Network (RCSN) initiative identified improved business skills, better knowledge of profit drivers and enhanced risk management as grower priorities,” he said.
Mr Roberts said the 2015 GRDC Farm Business Updates in WA would cover a broad range of topics delivered by an outstanding selection of expert speakers, including:
- What is happening with grain farming in Eastern Europe and how does it apply to Australia?
- Achieving peak business performance – simple methods and disciplines you can use in your business
- Managing business and production risk – effective risk analysis and decision making processes for your business
- Human resource management on the farm – key pointers to getting it right for farm businesses
- Managing farm logistics – how it can improve your bottom line
- Farm business leadership – a guide to leading farm businesses well and making key decisions under pressure
- Farm machinery – understanding the true cost and getting the best value out of machinery
Each of the GRDC Farm Business Updates will be held from 9am to 4.30pm. To register or for more information, visit the ORM website or contact ORM via email or on 03 5441 6176.
To assist growers and advisers in understanding the capacity, strengths and weaknesses of farm business enterprises, the GRDC has also produced a comprehensive series of fact sheets.
Caption: GRDC western regional panel chairman Peter Roberts says the WA GRDC Farm Business Updates will host leading professionals speaking on a broad range of practical topics.
Peter Roberts, GRDC western panel chairman
0428 389 060
Gavin Beever, ORM
03 5441 6176
Natalie Lee, Cox Inall Communications
08 9864 2034, 0427 189 827
GRDC Project Code