Genetic Technologies Officer
Published: 08 Sep 2021
- ASAP Start
- 3 year contract
Grains Research & Development Corporation (GRDC) is responsible for planning, investing in and overseeing research, development and extension (RD&E) for the Australian grains industry.
- Supporting the Manager Wheat - Genetic Technologies to develop and implement R&D investments that drive improvement in the rate and quantum of genetic gain delivered by Australian cereal programs.
- Contribute to internal GRDC strategy development and investment impact assessment.
- Identify appropriate external technical expertise and opportunities and ensure technical investment responses are consistent with SMART principles and have clearly articulated grower-focused deliverables.
- Responsible for liaising with managers and R&D contractors and facilitating a diverse range of stakeholders to reach an optimal outcome for growers.
- Supporting the Manager to ensure contracts are negotiated to deliver maximum grower value.
- Ensure contract obligations are met with respect to service delivery, financial and commercial performance, reporting and associated responsibilities as directed.
- Technical assessment of contract milestone outputs to ensure R&D contractors are delivering against scope.
- Actively participate in project IP management, ensuring risks and opportunities are effectively administered.
- Actively participate in FTO and identify appropriate paths to market to optimise contract returns to growers and GRDC.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated minimum 5 years sound knowledge of related industry experience in a particular R&D field
- Qualification in Science, Agricultural Science, or equivalent (PhD or MBA in relevant discipline desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in project management and facilitation of cross-discipline interactions in a relevant industry (5+ years' desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively to deliver positive outcomes
- Be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion
- Must be prepared to travel as and when required
- Must have a valid Australian Drivers Licence as deemed necessary
- Must be willing to undergo all Pre-employment Medical and Police checks
- Must be an Australian Citizen
What's on Offer
- Immediate Start
- $82,000 to $99,000 + superannuation, annually (depending on qualifications and experience)
- 3 year assignment
Was this page helpful?