Manager – Barley and Coarse Grains
Published: 08 Sep 2021
- ASAP Start
- 3 year contract
Grains Research & Development Corporation (GRDC) is responsible for planning, investing in and overseeing research, development and extension (RD&E) for the Australian grains industry.
- Development and implementation of R&D investments that drive improvement in the rate and quantum of genetic gain delivered by Australian cereal, pulse and oilseed breeding programs. Specifically, genetic technologies and knowledge that improve use of genetic variation, increase and selection accuracy and which reduce generation time within breeding programs to facilitate delivery of improved varieties to Australian grain growers.
- Leverage stakeholders expertise and insights to provide technical advice to General Manager's in R&D fields related to crop pre-breeding and breeding and assist the corporation develop the most appropriate strategic responses to grower requirements.
- Proactively engage with diverse stakeholders across the public and private sectors, including commercial and not for profit organisations, to deliver optimal investment outcomes for growers.
- Actively manage a portfolio of research investments to ensure outputs are delivered as contracted and that projects are completed within set budget guidelines.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated minimum 5 years' experience in a relevant R&D field and/or industry and particularly delivery of R&D outputs to industry in appropriate products.
- Demonstrated experience in project negotiation, facilitation and management of contracts involving commercial and public sector partners in a relevant industry (5+ years' desirable);
- Strong analytical skills, experience in leveraging external expertise and capacity to think strategically, including the ability to provide sound project and issue advice.
- PhD or MBA in relevant discipline is highly desirable.
- Degree in Science, Agricultural Science, or equivalent.
- Must be prepared to travel as and when required
- Must have a valid Australian Drivers Licence as deemed necessary.
- Must be willing to undergo all Pre-employment Medical and Police checks
- Must be an Australian Citizen
What's on Offer
- Immediate Start
- $115,000 -$139,000 + superannuation, annually (depending on qualifications and experience)
- 3 year assignment
Was this page helpful?