Manager Commercialisation (Agtech)
Published: 08 Oct 2021
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of the world's leading grains research organisations, within their Strategy and Business Development Team located in either Adelaide or Canberra.
- Support due diligence activities. Actively engage with and support portfolio companies. Engage with other state and federal initiatives to ensure grower collaboration/co-design/customer testing opportunities for GrainInnovate start ups are identified and captured.
- Day to day management of GRDC's Agtech innovation initiatives. Currently Growers as innovators and Grains accelerator program. Scope and develop new strategies for GRDC's engagement with the Agtech ecosystem.
- Provide commercialisation advice for an allocated Agtech R&D portfolio, including out-licensing and spin-off opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in a strategy or management consulting environment, agri-food start-up entrepreneurial or corporate innovation experience is desired
- Strong commercial acumen including the ability to succinctly analyse the merits of investment opportunities
- Strong analytical skills and the capacity to leverage off external expertise and think strategically, including the ability to provide sound investment advice.
- Demonstrated experience or a strong interest in working closely with start-ups to help maximise their growth potential.
- Broad understanding of commercial principles including finance, brand management, IP management, licensing and deal development.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in either science or business are essential, and literacy or experience in both highly desirable
- Must be an Australian Citizen or in the process of achieving citzenship
- Must be prepared to travel when required
- Must have a valid Australian Drivers Licence as deemed necessary.
- Must be willing to undergo all Pre-employment Medical checks
- Immediate Start
- $115,378 to $141,018 + superannuation, annually (depending on qualifications and experience)
- 3 year estimated assignment
- Annual leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
Was this page helpful?