Head of Legal and Deputy General Counsel
As one of the world's leading grains research organisations, the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) plays an integral role in driving research outcomes and innovations that directly benefit Australia's grain industry.
The GRDC's purpose is to invest in research, development and extension (RD&E) to create enduring profitability for Australian grain growers.
We are seeking an experienced lawyer to head up the legal team for GRDC. The position is based in Canberra but is responsible for providing legal services to GRDC’s offices in Canberra, Perth, Adelaide, Toowoomba, Horsham and Wagga Wagga.
This position is responsible for managing and responding to requests for legal advice from across the business on a broad range of areas including: commercial, intellectual property, governance and administrative law. The position sits within the Legal and Governance team and reports directly to the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary.
The person we are looking for:
- is admitted as a legal practitioner of the High Court or a Supreme Court of a State or Territory and holds or is eligible to hold an unrestricted practising certificate
- has significant experience in transactional legal work, intellectual property and commercial law
- is a good communicator who is able to work with clients in all parts of the business and be an active member of the senior management group
- can provide strategic legal advice and pragmatic solutions
- is highly responsive in the provision of legal advice in a complex environment with changing and competing priorities
Applications close Monday, 23 September as we would like to hold interviews on Thursday 26 and Friday 27 September in Canberra. Only those applicants who are successful in being shortlisted for an interview will be personally contacted.
Australian Citizenship is a requirement.
No agencies, please.
If this interests you please send an expression of interest and an updated resume by clicking Apply for this job.
For Further Information please email Recruitment@grdc.com.au