Senior Manager - National Variety Trials (NVT)
Published: 26 Nov 2018
- High level negotiation & stakeholder engagement
- Strong commercial focus
- Adelaide or Canberra
GRDC is changing to meet the evolving needs of grain growers with a vision to be regarded as the grower’s “R&D department”. GRDC believes it should be a valued grower asset that is open, transparent and trusted - a true research partner who seeks to be agile and business like in their operations.
The National Variety Trials (NVT) are one of GRDC’s most visible and valuable RD&E initiatives. The NVT aims to create profitability for Australian grain growers by providing robust crop variety performance information directly to growers through national trial networks. The Senior Manager NVT is responsible for the management and oversight of the GRDC National Variety Trials program and associated initiatives.
The position also provides expert advice to the GRDC Executive Committee (EC) with respect to the operation of the NVT program, stakeholder relationships, appropriate technical responses to regional requirements; and fulfilling GRDC’s corporate objectives regarding investing in RD&E to create enduring profitability for Australian grain growers.
To be successful in this demanding but highly rewarding position, you will require the following background, skills and attributes;
- Demonstrated minimum 10+ years of commercially related Australian agricultural systems experience in a relevant field (i.e. supply chain & logistics, research)
- Degree in Business, Agribusiness, Engineering, Science or equivalent with Post Graduate qualifications highly desirable
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex and often challenging environment with multiple stakeholders
- Exposure to commercial issues and demonstrated commercial acumen
- Highly developed presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to synthesise technical information, provide a summary and recommend options (often in high level briefing papers)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and re-prioritise as required
- Must have a valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Australian Citizenship is a requirement
This is a unique opportunity for somebody looking to progress their career in a position that genuinely adds to the profitability of both Australian grain growers and the Australian grains industry. For further information (including a position description) or an initial confidential discussion, please phone Mick Hay or Ryan Hoiberg on 1300 380 701 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au.Apply
Was this page helpful?