Please note this content has been marked as archived and may be out of date or incomplete. Should you require assistance or need further information please contact GRDC on (02) 6166 4500 and quote the URL for this page.
- Mature plants prostrate or ascending to 60 cm or more, stems 4-angled, 20 to 30 cm long, with a few hairs.
- Cotyledons oval, short petiole, hairless, slightly bent.
- First leaf kidney to round shaped, hairy petiole and underneath, may have red flecking.
- Leaves trifoliate, leaflets, heart shaped, borne on short stalks at the end of the main leaf stalk, terminal leaflet on a longer stalk than the other two. Leaflets 10 to 25 mm long, hairless on the upper surface, prominent purple blotch on each, veins straight with little branching, stipules coarsely toothed.
- Flowers yellow, pea like, 4 to 5 mm long, borne in racemes of 1 to 5 flowers in leaf axils.
- Pods disc like to spherical, 5 to 7 mm long, 3 to 5 coils bearing interlocking spines to 4 mm long
- Seeds 3 mm long, 1 to 2 per coil.
Was this page helpful?
To protect your privacy, please do not include contact information in your feedback. If you would like a response, please contact us.