GRDC Grains Research Update (Jondaryan)
Take just one-day at the Jondaryan GRDC Grains Research Update to update yourself on the latest grains research to improve the profit of your farming enterprise.
- Launch of a new online tool to compare cropping strategies for profit and risk in the Northern Region - integrate weather forecasts; gross margin analysis; yield; frost & temperature risk; water use and other outcomes Keith Pembleton (USQ).
- Mungbean and sorghum disease update Lisa Kelly (DAF Qld) & Adam Sparks (USQ)
- Phytoplasma outbreaks on the Downs
- Mungbean powdery mildew
- Fusarium wilt in mungbean
- Sorghum stalk rots and fusarium inoculum carryover
- Bugology update Melina Miles (DAF Qld)
- Rutherglen bug - their impact and management
- Landing the chickpea crop safely -how close were we to being 'one rainfall away from disaster' in 2016? Botrytis grey mould - understanding the threat it poses and its managementKevin Moore (NSW DPI)
- Chickpeas and header fires - lessons from thermal imaging of components in working headers to identify potential ignition sources Ben White (Kondinin Group)
- Autonomous tractors - platforms and applications under development Craig Baillie (USQ)
- Farming systems research on the Darling Downs - nematodes; crop sequencing and break crop effects; water and nitrogen use efficiency Lindsay Bell (CSIRO)
- Buying a new silo? Design features to look for and faults to avoid. Also: Key issues when storing pulses; New data on post fumigation venting to avoid rejection on delivery Philip Burrill (DAF Qld)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 2:40pm. Cost: $30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or register on line at http://www.icanrural.com.au
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?