GRDC Grains Research Update (Allora)
Keep abreast of latest developments at the Allora GRDC Grains Research Update, with leading-edge research to inform in-field decision making in grains enterprises on the Southern Downs.
- Setting the farm up for automation; options for establishing broadband connectivity; sensors; telemetry; data capture and management - experience from the UNE SMART Farm and elsewhere David Lamb (UNE )
- Chickpea: temperature and other factors affect flowering, pod set and yield Andrew Verrell (NSW DPI)
- Chickpea water use efficiency. Neutron probes, where and when chickpeas draw water from and manipulating biomass Kerry McKenzie (DAF Qld)
- How much N is fixed by different pulse crops and how does agronomy and season impact the amount fixed? Nikki Seymour (DAF Qld)
- Calculating how much N is needed in pulse-cereal rotations Howard Cox (DAF Qld)
- Understanding and managing frost risk Peter Hayman (SARDI)
- Farming systems impact on nitrogen and water use efficiency, soil borne disease and profit Lindsay Bell (CSIRO)
- Analysis of Australia’s competitive position in global grain markets and relative supply chain costs Ross Kingwell (AEGIC Senior Economist) & Peter White (AEGIC Senior Projects Manager)
- Treat your weeds badly - deprive them of sunlight and space - crop competition research in the northern grains region Michael Widderick (DAF Qld) and Bhagirath Chauhan (QAAFI)
- The P story thus far – how much, when, how and with what expected benefit? Mike Bell (QAAFI)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:25pm. Cost: $30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
$30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm
Was this page helpful?