GRDC Grains Research Update (Breeza)
Keep abreast of latest developments at the Breeza GRDC Grains Research Update with leading-edge research to inform in-field decision making in grains enterprises on the Liverpool Plains.
- Mining and farming - can they co-exist? Angus Duddy (Grower & Nuffield scholar )
- The P story thus far – how much, when, how and with what expected benefit? Mike Bell (QAAFI)
- What's new in grain storage? Profume fumigations, fumigating large silos and latest trials on grain protectants Philip Burrill (DAF Qld).
- Tall sorghum types in irrigation yielding 15 T/ha & IT sorghum. What's happening, when and with what agronomy? Trevor Philp (Pacific Seeds)
- Sorghum and maize - avoiding yield loss to heat at grain fill through agronomy and changing the sowing window Loretta Serafin (NSW DPI)
- Sunflower agronomy - manipulating the crop for the best yield and oil content outcomes. Which leaves contribute the most to yield and oil? Loretta Serafin (NSW DPI)
- Soil water, risk management and sowing decisions on the Liverpool Plains. Using knowledge about soil water to make better decisions on crop type, variety, population, nutrition, sowing date and row spacing in sorghum Daniel Rodriguez (QAAFI)
- Chickpea: temperature and other factors affect flowering, pod set and yield Andrew Verrell (NSW DPI)
- Chickpea water use efficiency Kerry McKenzie (DAF Qld)
- Where in the profile and at what time of the season does chickpea need water from?
- Water use profiles from neutron probes
- New data on biomass manipulation in chickpeas.
- Setting the farm up for broadband connectivity – prerequisites for on-farm automation. Grower experience in installing a 50 MB/sec broadband system. What was done, how and why? Nick Gillingham (Keytah)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:05pm. Cost: $30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
$30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm
Was this page helpful?