GRDC Grains Research Update (Wee Waa)
Keep abreast of latest developments at the Wee Waa GRDC Grains Research Update with leading-edge research to inform in-field decision making in grains enterprises in NW NSW.
- Using the drivers of phenology in wheat varieties to better manage frost risk in a variable climate Felicity Harris (NSW DPI)
- Matching phenology, environment and variety to optimise wheat yield. When is it too early? Rick Graham (NSW DPI)
- Chickpea: temperature and other factors affect flowering, pod set and yield Andrew Verrell (NSW DPI)
- Chickpea water use efficiency. Neutron probes, where and when chickpeas draw water from and manipulating biomass Kerry McKenzie (DAF Qld)
- Chickpeas, wheat and P. thornei build up and decline in the farming system. Chickpeas - a dangerous combination of susceptibility and only moderate tolerance Kirsty Owen (USQ)
- What's new in grain storage? Profume fumigations, fumigating large silos and latest trials on grain protectants Philip Burrill (DAF Qld)
- Spray quality data for nozzles are changing to better reflect the impact of formulation and adjuvants on droplet size. What are the implications for you? Bill Gordon (Nufarm)
- Setting the farm up for broadband connectivity – prerequisites for on-farm automation. Grower experience in installing a 50 MB/sec broadband system. What was done, how and why? Nick Gillingham (Keytah)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 2:25pm. Cost: $30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
$30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm
Was this page helpful?