Understanding post-emergent grass herbicides workshop (Barooga)
The workshop delves into herbicide biochemistry and how this knowledge applies to everyday herbicide decisions. Focusing on the science that underpins how different post-emergent grass active herbicides work and optimising field performance.
- modes of action (herbicide biochemistry)
- how herbicides enter the plant and maximising uptake (formulation, application & adjuvants)
- where the herbicide needs to get to within the plant and how it gets there (translocation)
- how herbicides are broken down by crops and weeds (selectivity and metabolism)
- interactions between different herbicides, adjuvants and water quality (synergy, antagonism, compatibility)
- known resistance mechanisms explained for different modes of action
While the technical nature of content and timing of the workshops are targeted at agronomists, interested growers are most welcome to attend.
Cost is $50 (GST inclusive) per workshop. Workshops will be in a small group format, running for 4 hours. Participant numbers will be limited to ensure active participation and discussion. Pre-registration is essential.
If you would like to register multiple people from the same organisation, please contact us for a group booking.
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?