GRDC Grains Research Update (Narromine)
Keep updated on the latest developments in grains research at the Narromine GRDC Grains Research Update. Leading-edge research that’s farm ready for central western NSW
- Bridging the yield gap - how much yield do better growers in the Central West leave behind and why? Identifying areas to capture lost yield and profit. Zvi Hochman, CSIRO
- Making more reliable decisions on weather and soil water - case studies using CliMate and the SoilWater app. Tom Cullen and Graeme Callaghan, Delta Agribusiness
- The Helicoverpa resistance management strategy – why; what’s in it; how will it work? Efficacy data of alternate products and their use at times where Altacor® is not available. Repeated low-rates of NPV to suppress Helicoverpa populations. Also; an update on current Rutherglen bug research. Melina Miles, DAF Qld
Morning tea to lunch – weed management!
- Robots with lasers! What are researchers looking at for future weed control? Lasers, robotics, microwaves, precision tillage and more. Mike Walsh, University of Sydney
- Chaff lining and chaff tramlining - how much can they assist in driving down the seedbanks of problem weeds? Annie van der Meulen, DAF Qld
- Crop topping and harvest weed seed control & ‘beyond windrow burning’. Greg Condon, Grassroots Agronomy/WeedSmart
- Discussion on the pros and cons of weed control methods - is chaff lining creating mouse hotels and other issues.
After lunch - summer cropping in the central west
- Sequencing cotton in dryland farming systems - getting into and out of dryland cotton. Jon Baird, NSW DPI
- Sorghum row spacing and yield stability in hard finishing seasons. Trevor Philp, Pacific Seeds
- Tactical sorghum agronomy for the central west and key decision points affecting success. Loretta Serafin, NSW DPI
- Pros and cons of summer cropping in the Central West. Discussion session, with a lead presentation from grower Bruce Watson
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:10pm. Cost: $30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail email@example.com
(Agenda subject to change)
Narromine Aero Club, Tom Perry Drive, Narromine
Cost (in AUD$):
$30 per person and $20 for additional attendees
Was this page helpful?