GRDC Grains Research Update (North Star)
Keep updated on the latest developments in grains research at the North Star GRDC Grains Research Update. Leading-edge research that’s farm ready for the North West slopes and plains.
- Farming systems research – new data from trials at Narrabri & Billa Billa: Gross margins and $ return/mm water from different systems. Also; issues for sequencing cotton in dryland production systems. Andrew Erbacher, DAF Qld and Jon Baird, NSW DPI
- Impact of different summer crops on soil water extraction and subsequent fallow efficiency. Lindsay Bell, CSIRO
- Sorghum row spacing and yield stability in hard finishing seasons. Trevor Philp, Pacific Seeds
- Tactical crop agronomy for sorghum - early sowing dates, how early can you sow? How much do hybrids vary in their tolerance to cold and sowing depth? Loretta Serafin, NSW DPI
- Chaff lining and chaff tramlining - how much can they assist in driving down the seedbanks of problem weeds? Annie van der Meulen, DAF Qld
- New developments in weed management. Mike Walsh, University of Sydney
- How compatible are stripper fronts with weed seed collection at harvest?
- Robots armed with lasers controlling weeds?
- Where is microwave and strategic tillage research up to?
- The Helicoverpa resistance management strategy – why; what in it; how it will work? Efficacy data of alternate products and their use at times where Altacor is not available. Repeated low-rates of NPV to suppress Helicoverpa populations. Melina Miles, DAF Qld
- Deep P - when results are examined over multiple years, there has been a big economic response to deep applied P! David Lester, DAF Qld
- Grower experience with deep P. Tom Woods, Billa Billa
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:05pm. Cost: $30 pp. and $20 for second person per farm (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail email@example.com
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
$30 per person and $20 for additional attendees
Was this page helpful?