GRDC Grains Research Update (Biloela)
You’re invited to discuss the latest leading-edge research that’s farm ready for CQ.
At Emerald & Biloela:
- Chaff lining & tramlining problem weeds. Plus: Is glyphosate resistant milk (sow) thistle a concern for CQ? Paul McIntosh, WeedSmart
- CQ sorghum agronomy. New research: lodging, row spacing, weeds, time of sowing. Darren Aisthorpe, DAF Qld. & Trevor Philp, Pacific Seeds
- PBA Drummond - A new chickpea variety for CQ in 2019! How it performs? Making it perform! Penny Borger, DAF Qld. (Emerald) & Merrill Ryan, DAF Qld. (Biloela)
- Designing flexible mid-size on-farm grain handling facilities. Andrew Kotzur, Kotzur Silos
- What's new in storage?Fumigating large silos. Fumigants & protectants– latest trials. Philip Burrill, DAF Qld.
- Helicoverpa resistance –protecting pulse profits. Melina Miles, DAF Qld.
- Nitrogen - what's new & how does it apply to CQ? Surface applied urea; how fast does N move in soil; N use efficiency in older crop soils. Implications for how & when you apply N in CQ. Chris Dowling, Back Paddock Co.
- Getting crop nutrition right in CQ. Panel session on deep P, K & N. Doug Sands, DAF Qld., Chris Dowling, Back Paddock Co. plus growers Brian Gregg & Shane Eden (Emerald) & Lee Jones (Biloela).
- CQ farming systems - GM & $ return/mm water. Darren Aisthorpe, DAF Qld.
- Sowthistle - biology, management & glyphosate resistance. How big is the threat in CQ? Paul McIntosh, WeedSmart
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:00-3:15pm. Cost: $30 pp. & $20 for second person/ farm (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea & proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail email@example.com
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?