Early and effective summer weed control workshops for WA grain cropping (Mingenew)
This half-day workshop aims to give growers the motivation and skills to manage summer weeds early and with the best possible techniques. It is designed to help growers correctly identify summer weeds seedlings and select the best herbicides and non-herbicide techniques to manage them in preparation for the 2019 cropping season.
Summer weeds rob subsequent crops of soil nitrogen and stored soil water and delay seeding time for winter crops by reducing stored soil water. Summer weeds can also reduce crop establishment by creating a poor seedbed and/or through chemical interference at seeding.
- Why it pays to control summer weeds early.
- Identifying locally important weeds when seedlings – a mix of theory and practical. Live plants will be available for attendees to practise identification of small plants.
- Best management practices for summer weeds.
- Better summer spray application.
- The new regulations on the use of 2,4-D and how it affects summer spraying.
- How to get the best control and stay within the regulations.
- Which herbicides will work in a tank mix in a very coarse spray quality?
- new technologies
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?