GRDC Grains Research Update (Quirindi)
Keep up to date on the latest developments in grains research at the QUIRINDI GRDC Grains Research Update. Leading-edge research that’s farm ready for the LIVERPOOL PLAINS.
- The soil Professor! Dispersive sodic soils: why are they hard to manage and what about ameliorating them? Calcium and magnesium: do ratios matter? Neal Menzies (UQ)
- Upgrading nutritional strategies to feed the farming system: P & K timing, placement and implications for N timing and placement. Mike Bell (QAAFI)
- Targeted tillage: modified trashworker with individual tynes activated by WEEDit® technology to selectively dig out weed survivors. Mike Walsh (University of Sydney)
- New frontiers in cereal breeding for a changing climate. Greg Rebetzke (CSIRO)
- Cover crops for fallow efficiency: research observations on soil water, health, nutrition and crop performance. David Lawrence (DAF Qld)
- Multi species cover cropping and optimising soil health. Alex Nixon (Nuffield Scholar Drillham, Qld)
- Sowing grain sorghum early: reducing risk of water and heat stress at flowering and increasing chances of double cropping to chickpeas or of ratooning irrigated sorghum into a second harvest. Loretta Serafin (NSW DPI)
- Overview of sorghum NVT trials for the Liverpool Plains. GRDC
- Key decisions and options for this spring: discussion led by Jim Hunt (Hunt Ag Solutions) and Peter McKenzie (Agricultural Consulting & Extension Services)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:00pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail email@example.com
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?