GRDC Grains Research Update (Walgett)
Keep up to date on the latest developments in grains research at the WALGETT GRDC Grains Research Update. Leading-edge research that’s farm ready for the NORTH WESTERN NSW.
- Current and predicted climate change impacts on northern farming systems. Steven Crimp (ANU Climate Change Institute)
- New frontiers in cereal breeding for a changing climate. Greg Rebetzke (CSIRO)
- Targeted tillage: modified trashworker with individual tynes activated by WEEDit® technology to selectively dig out weed survivors. Mike Walsh (University of Sydney)
- 5 years of nitrogen research: do we have the system right? Richard Daniel (Northern Grower Alliance);
- N movement, use efficiency, application timing & impact on uptake - do we fertilise the system or the crop?
- N in pulse crops?
- N impacts on screenings
- Cover crops for fallow efficiency: research observations on soil water, health, nutrition and crop performance. Andrew Erbacher (DAF Qld)
- Farming systems research on GM and $ return/mm water: learnings that translate to Walgett. Andrew Erbacher (DAF Qld) and Jon Baird (NSW DPI)
- Decision making after a prolonged drought: setting the business up for rational decisions to get margins back. Simon Fritsch (Agripath)
- Recovery after the drought: strategies and decisions for getting back to productivity. Discussion forum lead by Greg Rummery (Greg Rummery Consulting), Brad Coleman (Coleman Agriculture) and Sandy Stump (Eurambeen Farming Co)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:05pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?