GRDC Grains Research Update (Warialda)
Keep up to date on the latest developments in grains research at the WARIALDA GRDC Grains Research Update. Leading-edge research that’s farm ready for the NORTHERN NSW SLOPES & PLAINS.
- Sowing grain sorghum early: reducing risk of water and heat stress at flowering and increasing chances of double cropping to chickpeas or of ratooning irrigated sorghum into a second harvest. Loretta Serafin (NSW DPI)
- Grower experiences with early sowing sorghum: pros and pitfalls. John McDonald (Leverton Pastoral)
- Cover crops for fallow efficiency: research observations on soil water, health, nutrition and crop performance. David Lawrence (DAF Qld)
- Multi species cover cropping and optimising soil health. Alex Nixon (Nuffield Scholar Drillham, Qld)
- New frontiers in cereal breeding for a changing climate. Greg Rebetzke (CSIRO)
- The yield gap in mungbean: How much yield is lost and what can we do? Lindsay Bell (CSIRO)
- Mungbean and soybean agronomy: time of sowing, row spacing and plant population Natalie Moore (NSW DPI) and Matthew Dunn (NSW DPI)
- Mungbean disease management: tan spot, halo blight and powdery mildew. Lisa Kelly (DAF Qld)
- 5 years of nitrogen research: do we have the system right? Richard Daniel (Northern Grower Alliance);
- N movement, use efficiency, application timing & impact on N uptake – do we fertilise the system or the crop
- N in pulse crops?
- N impacts on screenings
- Upgrading nutritional strategies to feed the farming system: P & K timing, placement and implications for N timing and placement. Mike Bell (QAAFI)
- Recovery after the drought: getting back to productivity. Discussion session lead by Peter Birch (B & W Rural) and Andrew Morelli (McGregor Gourlay)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:10pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail email@example.com
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?