GRDC Grains Research Update (Moura)
Moura GRDC Grains Research Update
Thursday 28 November, 2019
Moura Tavern, 8 Bell St, Moura, QLD 4718
The GRDC Grains Research Updates are for agronomists, consultants, researchers and growers to see and discuss the latest in research and to network with their peers about how to apply new and relevant information to the latest farming systems.
- How has the CQ climate changed and what impact has it had on summer crop productivity and how can we manage this issue? BOM climate guides for Central Queensland. Jeremy Whish (CSIRO)
- New frontiers in cereal breeding for a changing climate. Would you like a long coleoptile wheat that competes better with weeds and tolerates a hot finish? Greg Rebetzke, CSIRO
- Modifying variety with frost risk down slope - how big are the potential yield gains and why? Matt Gardner (AMPS Research)
- Time of sowing (TOS) of cereals - drivers of phenology and matching variety to TOS in different environments. Darren Aisthorpe (DAF Qld)
- Nutritional strategies to support CQ farming systems. Richard Daniel (NGA), Darren Aisthorpe and Doug Sands (DAF Qld)
- P timing, placement and implications for N timing, rate and placement.
- Managing N: N movement, location, timing and budgeting.
- Why are recovery efficiencies so low and how does this affect strategy for use of our single largest input cost?
- Farming systems - GM and $ return/mm water. Darren Aisthorpe (DAF Qld)
- Which systems make money in different environments and why?
- N removal and needs in different crops and N use efficiency between farming systems.
- Water use and infiltration.
- Cover crops to increase fallow efficiency. Soil water, health, nutrition and crop performance.Andrew Erbacher (DAF Qld)
- Local experience using cover crops. Jeff York (Acres Rural Supplies)
- Mungbean agronomy update for the Dawson Callide - time of sowing, plant population and row spacing +/- irrigation. Doug Sands (DAF Qld)
- Making money from mungbeans – a growers perspective. Lee Jones (‘The Crescent’)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:00pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail email@example.com
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
$30 per person and $20 for additional attendees
Was this page helpful?