2020 WA Crop Technology Centre Field Day
As part of the GRDC funded HRZ Farming Systems project and Hyper Yielding Crops initiative, FAR Australia invites you to view research trials addressing whether a combination of early May sown cereals superimposed on clayed soils allows growers to exploit greater yield potential?
An opportunity to come and view research trials which will be demonstrated by James Rollason (FAR Australia) and Jeremy Curry (DPIRD).
- Demonstration of new European winter barley varieties alongside our traditional spring varieties – is there a place for short season winter barley cultivars in WA?
- Different levels of nutrition and fungicide management in winter and spring wheat superimposed on clayed and unclayed soils.
- Comparison of winter and spring barley germplasm managed under different levels of management.
- Assessing the phenology, standing power and disease resistance of earlier generation winter and spring wheat candidates sown in the early May sowing window.
- Could we “reset barley and wheat phenology” with defoliation of spring germplasm?
Please contact event coordinator for further information:
04 2884 3456
Was this page helpful?