GRDC Grains Research Update, online – Nitrogen and its impact on the greenhouse gas footprint of grain production in the northern grains region of Australia
GRDC Grains Research Updates, online bring you the latest grains research straight to your screen.
Log in for a selection of the latest farm-ready research and regionally relevant topics.
Webinar starts at 9am (AEST) and are free of charge.
Theme: Nitrogen and its impact on the greenhouse gas footprint of grain production in the northern grains region of Australia.
- What processes affect the greenhouse gas (GHG) footprint of N in northern farming systems and how well does modelling predict this? (Peter Grace, Queensland University of Technology)
- Nitrogen loss pathways – how much do we lose and in what form under different situations (Graeme Schwenke, NSW DPI)
- N management strategies and their impact on GHG balance (Lindsay Bell, CSIRO)
- Discussion on implementing lower emissions strategies and implications for how we budget for and supply N in different farming systems:
- What we don't know – where is R & D needed?
- What can growers and agronomists do now?
- What are the likely impacts on system productivity from action?
- What are we likely to be required to do in the future?
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?