GRDC Grains Research Update – Capella
Discuss the latest farm-ready information to improve profit, with researchers, agronomists and leading growers at the Capella GRDC Grains Research Update.
- What is the value of soil organic matter in CQ soils and can we slow its decline under crop systems? David Lawrence (DAF Qld)
- Adding organic matter in farming systems - impacts and optimisation of placement/timing for best results. David Lester (DAF Qld)
- Latest research on long coleoptile wheat - a longer sowing window and deeper seeding option in Central Queensland. Darren Aisthorpe (DAF Qld)
- Deep P and K - re-application timing and economics through the lens of current crop and fertiliser pricing. Doug Sands (DAF Qld)
- Crop type impacts on how much water is available for the next crop - legacy water and fallow efficiency after different crop types. Darren Aisthorpe (DAF Qld)
- Spray timing stubble management and fallow weed impacts on soil water, nitrogen, system risk and weed seed set. John Cameron (ICAN)
- Strategies to manage feathertop Rhodes grass and other summer grasses - optimising tools in the tool kit including getting the most from pre-ems. Mark Congreve (ICAN)
- Local experience managing feathertop Rhodes grass and other summer grass weeds. Anthony Lee, David Brown, Brendon Swaffer & Mark Congreve
Registration*: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish approx. 2:45pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact Andrea Mathers or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail [email protected] or register online.
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?