GRDC Grains Research Update (Barellan)
Barellan GRDC Grains Research Update
Tuesday 10 March 2020
Barellan & District War Memorial Club, 62 Bendee St, Barellan NSW 2665
New research that’s ready for the paddock in 2020 at the Barellan GRDC Grains Research Update. Discuss how to make practical use of the latest information with researchers, agronomists and leading growers.
- Drivers of yield stability in wheat and barley- picking a winner in variable seasons. Felicity Harris (NSW DPI)
- Integrating livestock into cropping systems using dual purpose crops - paddock layout, fencing, water and grazing management, agronomy, dry matter production, time of sowing and nutrition. Peter Matthews (NSW DPI)
- An app for assessing the feed value of grain, hay and silage for cost-effective supplementary feeding. Geoff Casburn (NSW DPI)
- Pulses in Barellan farming systems. Tony Swan (CSIRO)
- Building soil organic matter - what the science tells us. Mark Farrell (CSIRO)
- Measuring, using and budgeting P in medium and lower rainfall zones - are there options to spend less after a dry year? Graeme Sandral (NSW DPI)
- New herbicides - what’s coming, where do they fit and how do we use them? Greg Condon (Grassroots Agronomy/AHRI)
- Herbicide approval processes - they can be relied on! Jason Lutze/Sheila Logan (APVMA)
- Decisions for a profitable 2020 - picking the right variety for the situation, soil water, managing fertiliser cost, weed and disease planning. Discussion led by Terry Edis (Elders), David Elwin (Yenda Producers) & Jamie Pursehouse (Landmark)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:05pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?