GRDC Grains Research Update (Bellata)
Bellata GRDC Grains Research Update
Friday 13 March 2020
Bellata War Memorial Hall, Wilga St, Bellata NSW 2397
The GRDC Grains Research Updates are for agronomists, consultants, researchers and growers to see and discuss the latest in research and to network with their peers about how to apply new and relevant information to the latest farming systems.
- New technologies for the Australian grains industry - Observations from a 4 month Fulbright Fellowship study tour of the USA and Germany. Craig Baille (USQ)
- High yield wheat varieties with low lodging genetics in northern backgrounds. Fernanda Dreccer (CSIRO)
- N in the farming system - the efficiency and positioning of applied fertiliser N; N use and export in pulse crops and implications for N application timing; where is our N and how much is there after the drought? Jon Baird (NSW DPI) and Bede O’Mara (Incitec Pivot)
- K nutrition - what's new? Measuring, using and budgeting K. Sodium interactions, placement and payoff. Chris Guppy (UNE)
- Cereal pathology after the drought - evaluating risk after crop and pasture; what’s new (seed treatments); Predicta® B for in-crop diagnostics; options for high risk paddocks; Ramularia. Steven Simpfendorfer (NSW DPI)
- Climate change in the northern NSW and strategies to adapt. Steven Crimp (ANU)
- Measuring soil water - sensors and strategies - what works when and with what level of accuracy? Jon Baird (NSW DPI), Drew Penberthy (Penagcon) and Brendan Griffiths (Precision Cropping Technologies)
- Strategies for profitable decision making in 2020 - nutrition; soil water and sowing risk; varieties and time of sowing; weed management; disease threats. Discussion led by Drew Penberthy (Penagcon), Sam Simons (Poole Ag Consulting) and Jon Baird (NSW DPI)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3:00pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?