GRDC Grains Research Update (Coonamble)
The latest grains research to improve profit will be on show at the Coonamble GRDC Grains Research Update. Discuss how to make practical use of the latest information with researchers, agronomists and leading growers.
- Barley 2030 opportunities- Vietnam, India and other markets. Mary Raynes (AEGIC)
- Central Western NSW farming systems - 5 years of findings at Trangie and Narrabri. What are the legacy impacts of rotation decisions? Greg Brooke (NSW DPI)
- Are there economic benefits in control of foliar fungal disease in canola crops in the low to medium rainfall zones of NSW? Maurie Street (GOA)
- Cereal disease bingo! Learnings from 2020 and planning for 2021. Is stripe rust the death knock for some varieties? Steven Simpfendorfer (NSW DPI)
- Impact of Ascochyta on chickpea when disease occurs at different growth stages. Kevin Moore and Leigh Jenkins (NSW DPI)
- Viral issues in pulse crops - Why were fabas hit so hard in 2020? Causes & strategies for 2021. Joop van Leur and Zorica Duric (NSW DPI)
- Identification of crop-specific and varietal tolerance limits to acidity, salinity and sodicity. Yash Dang (UQ)
- Amelioration for sodicity - deep ripping and soil amendment research. Engineering challenges; yield responses to ripping, gypsum and organic matter placement in constrained soils. Chris Guppy (UNE)
- Discussion session- Grower and adviser experience managing subsoil constraints. Led by Graeme Callaghan (Delta Ag)
Registration*: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 2:50pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
* As we will be operating under COVID-safe guidelines, registration is essential. We may not be able to accept walk-ins on the day.
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?