GRDC Grains Research Update (Gulargambone)
Gulargambone GRDC Grains Research Update
Thursday 12 March 2020
Two eight two eight, 28 Bourbah Street, Gulargambone NSW 2828
New research that’s ready for the paddock in 2020 at the Gulargambone GRDC Grains Research Update. Discuss how to make practical use of the latest information with researchers, agronomists and leading growers.
- Cover crops for fallow efficiency - soil water, health, nutrition and crop performance. Andrew Erbacher (DAF Qld)
- Cover crops– experiences in Australia and observations from overseas. Discussion led by Andrew Erbacher (DAF Qld) & Bill Burnheim (Pillicawarrina, Warren)
- Grazing crops for cash flow and profit - pro's, con's and strategies. Peter Matthews (NSW DPI)
- Nitrogen, water and disease in the farming system - the multi-year impact of crop sequences. Greg Brooke (NSW DPI) and Andrew Erbacher (DAF Qld)
- New technologies for the Australian grains industry - observations from a four month Fulbright Fellowship study tour of the USA and Germany. Craig Baille (USQ)
- Climate change in northern NSW and strategies to adapt. Steven Crimp (ANU)
- Cereal pathology after the drought - evaluating risk after crop and pasture, what’s new (seed treatments), Predicta® B for in-crop diagnostics, options for high risk paddocks and Ramularia. Steven Simpfendorfer (NSW DPI)
- Dealing with the drought and planning for recovery - Discussion led by Maurie Street (GOA), Steven Simpfendorfer (NSW DPI) and Graeme Callaghan (Delta Agribusiness)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 2:50pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail email@example.com or register on line at http://www.icanrural.com.au
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?