GRDC Grains Research Update – Hillston
The latest grains research to improve profit will be at the Hillston GRDC Grains Research Update. Discuss how to make practical use of the latest information relevant for the region.
Topics & Speakers
- Within-paddock nitrogen variability and its relationship to cereal grain protein. Eva Moffitt(EM Ag Consulting)
- Grower experience using protein maps to drive variable rate N. Broden Holland (Grower, Young)
- Diagnosing constraints is key to cost effective amelioration: findings from sandy soils in south western NSW. Lynne Macdonald (CSIRO) & Rachael Whitworth (Ag Grow Agronomy & Research)
- Canola harvest management - timing issues for direct heading or windrowing, setting up for success. Maurie Street (Grain Orana Alliance)
- Feathertop Rhodes grass research in SNSW - implications for management. Hanwen Wu (NSW DPI)
- New technologies in weed spraying systems - advances in artificial intelligence, machine learning and weed recognition systems. Hamish Ross (John Deere, TECSight and Hutcheon & Pearce)
- Diseases, fungicide resistance, pathotype changes and new developments in crown rot management. Steven Simpfendorfer (NSW DPI)
- Powdery mildew management in high yield durum
- Changes in wheat stripe rust pathotypes & fungicide strategy
- Fungicide resistance in wheat powdery mildew
- A new seed treatment in development for crown rot.
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?