GRDC Grains Research Update – Jerilderie
The latest grains research to improve profit will be at the Jerilderie GRDC Grains Research Update. Discuss how to make practical use of the latest information relevant for the region.
Topics & Speakers
- Soil acidity - its stratification and how soils respond to amelioration with lime. Jason Condon(CSU)
- Amelioration of hostile subsoils to improve crop productivity. Ehsan Tavakkoli (NSW DPI)
- Impact on crop water use and yield
- Soil water and crop physiological impacts.
- Low cereal protein means your crop didn’t have enough N and could have yielded more.
- Within-paddock nitrogen variability and its relationship to cereal grain protein. Eva Moffitt (EM Ag Consulting)
- Grower experience using protein maps to drive variable rate N. Broden Holland (Grower, Young)
- Diseases, fungicide resistance, pathotype changes and new developments for managing crown-rot. Steven Simpfendorfer (NSW DPI)
- Stripe rust pathotypes, variety ratings and fungicide strategy
- New options for managing crown rot
- Fungicide resistance in wheat powdery mildew.
- Farming systems research at Urana - what have we learnt to help improve farming profit? Mathew Dunn (NSW DPI)
- Farming systems discussion. Discussion leaders: Greg Sefton (Sefton Agronomics) & Mark Harris (Rural Management Strategies)
- Feathertop Rhodes grass research in SNSW - implications for management. Hanwen Wu (NSW DPI)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?