GRDC Grains Research Update (Mungindi)
Mungindi GRDC Grains Research Update
Thursday 5 March 2020
Mungindi Hall, Wirrah Street, Mungindi NSW 2406
New research that’s ready for the paddock in 2020 at the Mungindi GRDC Grains Research Update. Discuss how to make practical use of the latest information with researchers, agronomists and leading growers.
- Climate change, production risk and frost. Steven Crimp (ANU)
- Maintaining wheat yield and quality under high temperatures - status and prospects for improvement. How do current cultivars compare with what’s coming? Richard Trethowan (University of Sydney)
- Sowing grain sorghum early - reducing risk of water and heat stress at flowering and increasing chances of double cropping to chickpeas or of ratooning irrigated sorghum into a second harvest. Local trials at Mungindi. Loretta Serafin (NSW DPI)
- Upgrading nutritional strategies to feed the farming system - P & K placement, impact & economics over time. When should you start to worry about deep P reserves in soils that have not been cropped for as long? Impact of P and K on N placement. Mike Bell (UQ)
- Deep P application - a grower experience. Tom Woods (Woods Pastoral)
- Nutrition discussion session led by Mike Bell (UQ), Tom Woods (Woods Pastoral) and Bede O’Mara (Incitec Pivot)
- New technologies for the Australian grains industry - observations from a four month Fulbright Fellowship study tour of the USA and Germany. Craig Baillie (USQ)
- Modifying variety and sowing date with frost risk and slope - how big are the potential gains and why? Matt Gardner (AMPS Research)
- Cover crops for fallow efficiency - soil water, health, nutrition and crop performance. Andrew Erbacher (DAF Qld)
- Dealing with the drought and planning for recovery - Discussion led by Sam Heagney (South Bunarba Agriculture) and Tom Greentree (ATD Farming)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or register on line at http://www.icanrural.com.au
(Agenda subject to change)
NSW; QLD 2406
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?