Sunflower Agronomy Workshop
Sunflower growers, agronomists and farm advisers will have an opportunity to hear from some of Australia’s leading crop management specialists at workshops being held in Queensland and northern New South Wales next month.
Presented by the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) and the Australian Sunflower Association (ASA) the two workshops will offer the latest information on plant growth and development, agronomy, pests, weeds and disease, harvest, storage and marketing.
Key presentations at the workshops will include:
- Plant growth and development – Chris Haire, Barenbrug Australia
- Agronomy – Loretta Serafin, NSW Department of Primary Industries
- New varieties
- Weeds – Paul McIntosh, WeedSmart
- Insects – Kerry McKenzie
- Disease – Sue Thompson, formerly University of Southern Queensland
- Storage and drying – Philip Burrill, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Queensland
- Harvesting – Kevin Charlesworth, ASA
- Grower/agronomist experience – Tony Lockrey, AMPS
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?