GRDC Grains Research Update (Nyngan)
Nyngan GRDC Grains Research Update
Thursday 27 February 2020
Nyngan RSL & Civic Club, 106 Pangee St, Nyngan NSW 2825
New research that’s ready for the paddock in 2020 at the Nyngan GRDC Grains Research Update. Discuss how to make practical use of the latest information with researchers, agronomists and leading growers.
- Herbicide approval processes - they can be relied on! Jason Lutze/Sheila Logan (APVMA)
- Farming systems and crop sequencing - what have we learnt in 5 years of systems research? Nutrition, disease, yield and GM$. Greg Brooke (NSW DPI)
- Integrating livestock into cropping systems using dual purpose crops - getting the best out of grazed crops. Crop type, agronomy varieties, nutrition and time of sowing. Peter Matthews (NSW DPI)
- Nutritional strategies to support the farming system - P timing, placement and implications for N timing, rate and placement. Managing N - N movement, location, timing and budgeting. Recovery efficiencies - why are they so low and how does this affect strategy for use of our single largest input cost? Mike Bell (UQ)
- What's N doing in 2020 after 3 dry years with minimal mineralisation - soil tests and farming systems trials. Discussion session led by Jim Laycock (Incitec Pivot) and Maurie Street (GOA)
- Cereal pathology after the drought - evaluating risk after crop and pasture; what's new (seed treatments), Predicta B for in-crop diagnostics and options for high risk paddocks. Steven Simpfendorfer (NSW DPI)
- Matching varieties to time of sowing and situation - what varieties perform on wide sowing windows and why? Issues for dry sown crops. Greg Brooke (NSW DPI)
- Dealing with the drought and planning for recovery - discussion led by Maurie Street (GOA), Penny Heuston (Heuston Agronomy Services), Jim Laycock (Incitec Pivot) and Breil Jackson (Bogan River Downs)
Registration: 8:30am for a 9am start. Finish 3pm. Cost: $30 pp. (Cheques payable to ICAN Pty. Ltd.). Lunch, morning tea and proceedings provided.
To RSVP / register, or for further information or agenda, please contact John Cameron or Erica McKay on 02 9482 4930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or register on line at http://www.icanrural.com.au
(Agenda subject to change)
Cost (in AUD$):
Was this page helpful?