UQ00063 - Regional soil testing guidelines for the northern grains region
The national database "Making Better Fertiliser Decisions for Crops" has identified large gaps in knowledge regarding soil nutrient-yield response relationships for many of the crops grown in the GRDC Northern region, and for most of the nutrients, as well as the appropriate soil testing methodology to assess subsoil phosphorus (P), potassium (K) and Sulphur (S) status.
This project aims to fill these gaps for the major crops in the region (sorghum, wheat and chickpea), by conducting trials from the Central Highlands in Qld to the southern Liverpool Plains in NSW including western areas of southern Qld and central and northern NSW. The project will generate soil test - plant response calibrations covering the above gaps in knowledge, with this project focussing on P, K and S soil test-crop response information, with the objective of better matching fertilizer inputs to meet crop demand while minimising nutrient losses.
- Project start date:
- Project end date:
- Crop type:
- All Crops
- The University of Queensland
- Key Investment Target:
13 Jan 2021
Deep-rooting traits may help crops to access water, but with nutrients such as phosphorus and...
22 Dec 2020
Deep-banded phosphorus provides a valuable supply of nutrition several years after application, but crop access...
14 Dec 2020
Increasing the rate of phosphorus fertiliser in deep banding can deliver agronomic benefits, but may...
Deep placement of phosphorus at the start of the summer fallow period is shaping up...
Ongoing research by the GRDC, the University of Queensland and the Queensland Department of Agriculture...
Involvement with on-farm trials has encouraged brothers Alan and David Storey to modify their tillage...
- 1605704400000, Strategies to improve efficiency of use of applied N, P and K fertiliser in Central Queensland
- 1605704400000, Fine tuning deep phosphorus and potassium management
- 1595426400000, Nutritional strategies to support productive farming systems
- 1582722000000, Nutritional strategies to support productive farming systems
- 1574773200000, The interactions of nitrogen management on responses to phosphorus and potassium
- 1564581600000, Nutritional strategies to support productive farming systems
- 1551877200000, Deep P update 2019 – Multi-year grain yield impacts and economic returns for southern Queensland cropping
- 1532440800000, Deep phosphorus (and potassium) experiments in Southern Queensland – multi-year results and returns
- 1519909200000, The P story so far – an update on deep P research findings