Author: GRDC | Date: 08 Oct 2018
- GRDC is committed to ensuring that Australian grain growers have the tools – including chemical and non-chemical controls where appropriate – to produce high quality grain for domestic and export markets.
- Australia has one of the most robust chemical regulatory systems in the world.
- The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) is the national regulator of agricultural and veterinary (agvet) chemicals in Australia. It is their role to ensure the agvet chemicals they bring to market are safe and effective.
- APVMA has advised “All glyphosate products registered for use in Australia have been through a robust chemical risk assessment process and are safe to use, provided they are used as per the label instructions.”
- The APVMA has concluded that there is currently no scientific reason to reconsider the registration of glyphosate.
- GRDC will continue to work with APVMA where possible to ensure world class science and data underpins decisions relating to chemical registrations used in the grains industry.
More information can be found at:
Was this page helpful?
To protect your privacy, please do not include contact information in your feedback. If you would like a response, please contact us.