Research roadshow headed for CQ
Deep placement fertiliser trials, nematode incidence and management and results from the 2013/14 sorghum crop protein survey will be key topics discussed at a series of Information Roadshow meetings being held across Central Queensland this month.
Hosted by the Central Queensland Grower Solution Group (CQGSG) and funded by the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC), the meetings aim to keep growers abreast of the latest industry research findings as well as providing a forum for questions, ideas and feedback.
The CQGSG has been coordinating research efforts aimed at improving the productivity and profitability of cropping operations in the region since January 2011 and has undertaken a number of trials into soil and crop nutrition and crop productivity.
The meetings will cover trial results from deep placement of fertiliser trials from across Central Queensland; release of the ‘Feathertop Rhodes Grass Manual’ which compiles all existing knowledge on the management of Feathertop; findings and management implications from an extensive nematode survey in Central Queensland cropping lands; results from a sorghum protein survey of the 2013/14 crop and the ramifications for growers’ nutrient strategies; and a summary of the Central Queensland farmer practice survey.
Venues and meeting times are:
- Kilcummin, Kilcummin Hall, Monday November 24, 2:45-6pm
- Clermont, “Ironbark”, Tuesday November 25, 8:45-12am
- Capella, Cultural Centre, Tuesday November 25, 2:45-6pm
- Rolleston, Rolleston Hall, Wednesday November 26, 8:45-12pm
- Gindie, Tennis Club, Wednesday November 26, 2:45-6pm
- Duaringa, Golf Club, Thursday November 27, 8:45-12pm
- Jambin, Jambin Pub, Thursday November 27, 2:45-6pm
- Moura, Moura RSL, Friday November 28, 8:45-12pm
Sarah Jeffrey, Senior Consultant Cox Inall Communications