On-farm gains the focus of GRDC Updates
Date: 24 May 2021
New farm-ready research designed to help boost productivity and profitability will be shared with Queensland and New South Wales grain growers and advisers as part of the 2021 Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) Updates series this winter.
These Updates will focus on delivering regionally relevant research and development that has been selected by local committees and reflects the challenges being faced on-farm this season.
GRDC Grower Relations Manager – North, Richard Holzknecht said industry experts would present the latest farm-ready research and share how it could fit within northern grain growing systems.
“The topics on offer at the Updates have been selected by local planning committees and are regionally relevant, credible and science-based new information – practical and ready for on-farm adoption with the potential to make a difference to growers’ bottom lines,” Mr Holzknecht said.
“It’s important we continue to lift the bar on production and profitability in the northern grains industry and the GRDC is investing millions of dollars each year to ensure that happens.
“It is equally important we communicate with the wider farming community about the progress and outcomes of research investments that tackle productivity constraints and break new ground in agricultural technology.”
Mr Holzknecht said the Updates also provided an ideal forum for learning, sharing ideas and networking, all of which were critical for successful and effective practice change on-farm.
NSW Update dates and locations are below.
- Jerilderie – Wednesday, July 14, at the Civic Hall, 33 Jerilderie Street.
- Hillston – Thursday, July 15, at the Hillston Community Hall, Oxley Avenue.
- Walgett – Thursday, August 12 at the Walgett Sporting Club, Cnr Fox and Montkeila. streets
- Gunnedah – Friday, August 13 at Gunnedah Band Hall, South St.
Queensland Update dates and locations are below:
- Millmerran – Tuesday, August 10, at the Millmerran Community and Cultural Centre, 45 Walpole St, Millmerran
- Nindigully – Wednesday, August 11 at the Nindigully Hall, Sternes St, Nindigully.
Visit the events page for more information and to register.
Toni Somes, GRDC Communications Manager – North
0436 622 645
GRDC Project code: ICAN1906-003SAX
Was this page helpful?