Field pea information at your fingertips
Author: Sharon Watt | Date: 20 Nov 2013
Field pea growers have a handy new tool to help them get the best out of their crops, following the release of a free Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) application (app).
GRDC Field peas: The Ute Guide can be used in the paddock to help growers recognise the symptoms of disease, insect attack and poor nutrition in field peas, and contains best practice information on growing and marketing the crop.
The app features:
- Predictive search topics;
- A progressive ‘symptom sorter’ to identify disease or physical, nutritional or chemical disorders and their management;
- In-field comparison of field pea disorders or pests with ID photos;
- Option to download content updates;
- Notifications of field pea news from the GRDC.
The GRDC recommends downloading GRDC apps while attached to a network rather than on the 3G network.
For more information, visit www.grdc.com.au/apps.
Tom McCue, GRDC Manager Delivery Platforms
02 6166 4500
Sharon Watt, Porter Novelli
Region South, North