Pulses at the heart of Rupanyup field day
The latest pulse varieties suited to Victoria’s medium and low rainfall zones will be showcased at the annual Southern Pulse Agronomy Wimmera Pulse Field Day in Rupanyup on Thursday, October 20. To be held in conjunction with Pulse Breeding Australia, the field day is supported by the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC), Seednet, PBSeeds and Agriculture Victoria.
The field day will feature:
- The latest lentil, chickpeas, field pea and faba bean varieties and the agronomic packages for these varieties;
- An update on research into herbicide tolerance in lentils and faba beans;
- Recommended sowing dates and row spacing;
- Disease management, factoring in the impact of this year’s wet growing season; and
- Commentary from grain marketers.
Located 10 kilometres north of Rupanyup on the corner of Banyena Rd, the field day will be from 9am to 1pm, concluding with lunch. Further details are available from Jason Brand of Agriculture Victoria, phone 0409 357076 or email Jason.Brand@ecodev.vic.gov.au.
Jason Brand, Agriculture Victoria
Sharon Watt, Porter Novelli