Pulses in the spotlight at Rupanyup field day
Author: Sharon Watt | Date: 11 Sep 2017
Pulses will take centre stage in Rupanyup next month at the annual Southern Pulse Agronomy Wimmera Pulse Field Day. To be held on Thursday, October 26, in conjunction with Pulse Breeding Australia, the field day is supported by the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC), Seednet, PBSeeds and Agriculture Victoria.
The field day will feature:
- The launch of a new field pea variety;
- A focus on lentil, chickpea, field pea and faba bean varieties suited to Victoria’s medium and low rainfall zones and the agronomic packages for these varieties;
- An update on research into herbicide tolerance in lentils and faba beans;
- Recommended sowing dates and row spacing;
- Disease management;
- Commentary from grain marketers.
Located 9.5 kilometres south of Rupanyup on Linghams Road, the field day will be from 9am to 1pm, concluding with lunch at the Rupanyup Community Centre. A Pulse Australia industry forum will be held at the Community Centre from 2-5pm.
Further details are available from Jason Brand of Agriculture Victoria, phone 0409 357076 or email Jason.Brand@ecodev.vic.gov.au.
Jason Brand, Agriculture Victoria
Sharon Watt, Porter Novelli