Mingenew to host GRDC Farm Business Update event
Author: Melissa Williams | Date: 16 Jan 2017
A Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) Farm Business Update event will be held in Mingenew, Western Australia, on Thursday, February 9.
GRDC Western Regional Grower Services manager Roger States said business management skills and knowledge were critical to running a successful farm business.
“The decision making required is becoming increasingly complex as farm businesses strive to meet the key challenges of varying costs, prices and climatic conditions,” he said.
“GRDC Farm Business Updates are annual events designed to provide growers and advisers with information to help them undertake effective business planning and management.”
The Mingenew event, to be held at the Mingenew Recreation Centre, will cover a range of topics, presented by expert speakers, including:
- Future technology to improve business management efficiency (Telstra chief scientist Hugh Bradlow)
- Long-term business strategies and practical processes for setting and revisiting business goals (Ag Consulting Co. director Jeanette Long)
- How much machinery should be owned and when should it be upgraded (Kondinin Group senior researcher Ben White)
- Maintaining a healthy mindset to make good decisions (Bunch Consulting’s Neville Brady)
- What to do with profits in a low interest rate environment (consultant Ashley Herbert)
- Alternative business funding models (Price-Sevenson director Ken Sevenson)
- Facing change and challenges with a winning plan (Australian sporting legend Ric Charlesworth).
Melissa Williams, Cox Inall Communications
0428 884 414
GRDC Project Code ORM00017